A non-profit BRANDING & MARKETING specialist who’s all about connecting people with CAUSES they care about, PRODUCTS they love, and EXPERIENCES they cherish.
- Expertise with both traditional and digital marketing, including brand management, advertising, social media, and email
- Proven success in increasing rate of return through social media and email marketing, and enhancing branding and messaging.
- Committed to social justice and activism, with long history in non-profit and grassroots work
- BRANDING & MESSAGING
- SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
- CONTENT STRATEGY
- INBOUND MARKETING
- EMAIL MARKETING
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER Rockwood Leadership Institute, Oakland, CA Since 2014
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER Graduate Theological Union/Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA 2012-2014
Managed all traditional and digital marketing and communications for two graduate schools, which included planning and implementing strategies, writing and developing materials, and creating budgets. Oversaw a staff of four, and collaborated closely with various departments and stakeholders (admissions, academics, advancement, and more). Guided and coordinated consultants in design, copywriting, public relations, and research.
- Workflow Creation: Established internal processes for managing website and social media content, sending direct mail, and project management
- Social Media: Increased Facebook Page Likes by 48%, and Twitter followers by 42%
- Email Marketing: Increased email open rates by 11%, and clickthrough rates by 8%
- Inbound Marketing: Increased website visits by 22%
MARKETING STRATEGIST Atomicheart Industries, New York, NY 2009-2012
Launched own company that developed wide range of marketing projects for non-profits and small businesses, including viral videos, social media campaigns, website design and development, branding and messaging, and visual identity creation.
- Created culturally competent digital marketing strategies for US and international clients
- Enhanced client brand recognition by creating visual identities that included logos, websites, style guides, and print marketing materials
- Oversaw and guided third-party vendors and consultants
- Designed and developed bespoke responsive, accessible websites
- Produced and directed online videos
WEB PRODUCER Point Made Films, New York, NY 2008-2009
Managed all online marketing for women-run independent documentary film company. Oversaw third-party developers and designers, and collaborated with directors, producers, and film editors.
- Produced and edited several online videos
- Developed content-focused social media strategies
- Designed and developed websites and marketing materials for 5 films
- Established social media presence, and created social media strategy for 2 films
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER EMMA Media Ltd., New York, NY & London, UK 2007-2008
Produced a nationally-televised awards show that honored those working towards more inclusive media. Planned and implemented online marketing strategies, and helped plan traditional marketing strategies. Helped establish a US-based office, including creating budgets, workflows, and policies.
- Collaborated closely high-profile clients
- Provided project management for both US and UK offices
- Hired and managed crew, talent, and staff
- Developed and directed special online video content
PROGRAM ASSISTANT Family Planning Council, Philadelphia, PA 2005-2006
Hired as an administrative assistant, and was promoted within a year to this position. Developed and designed healthcare-related marketing strategies and materials specifically targeted to underserved communities, including people of color and those who identify as LGBT. Provided administrative support to three departments simultaneously.
- Developed and designed a city-wide anti-smoking campaign
- Built websites, databases, and digital resources
- Planned a bi-annual conference
- Wrote and edited grants and proposals
- Created project workflows and processes
PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR, INDESIGN, DREAMWEAVER, PREMIERE, FINAL CUT PRO
MAILCHIMP, ICONTACT, VERTICAL RESPONSE, CONSTANT CONTACT
GOOGLE ADWORDS, FACEBOOK ADS, TWITTER ADS
WORDPRESS, DRUPAL, JOOMLA